Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Where are you in your life of faith?"

"Where are you in your life of faith?" --Daniel Pawley, coffee break question of the day.

This question, although I have heard it all my life, is conveniently popping up
e v e r y w h e r e , right now.
So God, Where am I with you right now?
(Right Where I want you.) -- God.
This is what I believe He would or is saying to me right now.

I am broken.
I don't understand why things have happened the way they have over the last three years. But I am beginning to accept them.
I am weak.
I cannot do it on my own & I will never find answers to all the things my heart desires to understand looking towards myself.
I am tired.
My hope and energy has been powered by myself for so long. But it is here in this week, at this retreat, on this snowy mountain is Southern California that I learned, or rather remembered, a valuable piece of the puzzle of my faith that I had been forgetting with the chaos life has brought the past few years.
God loves our brokenness.
Not the despair and the pain we go through, no I don't believe He gets a good laugh at my failures, although sometimes it does seem ironic enough to be divine joke I must say. No, but I do believe that the growth and development that we undergo through pain and trials bring our Creator a smile, even a deep pride in His creation. It is a becoming of our nature, as divine creations that we experience things that would break us in order to mature, and mold, and shape us into greater beings. And in our pain we are often drawn closer to God Himself, which is another piece in the joy God receives from our trials. He desires us to draw near to Him so He can shape us, and in our brokenness this occurs, allowing a divine revival at key moments of pain of life.
Because I am broken, weak, & tired,
I am right where I need to be.
At the start of a revival.
& God is pleased.

Danielle Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment