Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Being still.

"The Lord will fight for you...you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14.


Still huh? 
I'm not sure I remember what being still is.
My world is full of alarm clocks, coffee, people who need their coffee, people who should calm it down on the coffee intake, accidentally falling asleep, more alarm clocks, plus back up alarm clocks, sunshine, a phone demanding lots of needs, an empty wallet, lots of nail polish, people who like me, people who feel neglected by me, to-do lists out the wazoo, people who feel cared for by me, people who don't need me, status updates, people who think i'm pretty, people who think i'm someone else, people who take advantage of me, people who love me, oh, & books.
Now, I can't say I hate what my world is full of. 
Lots of those things fill me up, some don't quite do that, 
& well, even other of those things tear me apart, 
but I don't hate it.
However, 
I do recognize that the one thing that 
all of them combined bring me is...
Chaos. 


Being still in absolutely no where in my world 
does being still come across a to-do list, until recently.
Recently due to some interesting health situations & have been introduced (or reintroduced I should really say) to the pace at which my life runs: Maximum Speed & Capacity.
Realizing that I have yet again tried to 
1. compete for the busiest girl alive, or 
2. do everything and beyond on my own, 
before thinking about taking care of myself 
or relying on anyone else, especially the big guy upstairs.


So this verse speaks to my soul when it says, "you need only to be still." Amen to #learningstillness.




Danielle Nicole.

2 comments:

  1. "lots of nail polish, :)
    people who like me, - Like me -
    people who feel neglected by me" - yeah, I know this feeling :( -

    CHAOS. is not what I want for you. At all. Anymore. Ever. I feel like we are being still right now? No? And tomorrow, yes? :) I love you.
    I'll take care of you, for you keeping taking such good care of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like you too.

    you rock chaotic girl. you rock.

    ReplyDelete