Monday, October 10, 2011

Obedience.

Obedience is one of those crazy things we have to learn throughout our lives.
Sometimes in big moments, & other, & often, times over & over again in little moments.
We also have to rebel against obedience at one point, if not many.
Before we can see to a bigger view, the beauty in submitting to obedience, & the ways it grows, & matures us into better persons than we were before, or when we were resisting it.
On a Sunday recently, I was overwhelmed by the power of love & the power of obedience hand in hand.
Sunset, L Street Beach, & nearly twenty of my dearest friends & family showed to see me submit to obedience & take a leap of faith in front of them.
As I told my story as to why I felt the need to submit, I looked into the eyes of people who love me so so much it could make me cry instantly thinking of how special & beloved I felt in that moment. It was a snapshot of the redemption & grace my life continuously cycles and unfolds into. A redemption of pain & uncertainty, of being bound by fears, loneliness, and abandon, of believing lies of myself. A pure redemption of myself, reminding me of how important, how delicate, and how truly loved & pure I am, right now, even with every second of my past, & every wrong decision I've made, & every wrong decision that's been made towards me.
& As I came out of the water, I was overwhelmed with the peace of my heart & the still-overwhelmed state my heart was in. overwhelmed by love & joy coming from such a pure, & renewed place in myself.
I'm a mess. My life is completely messy.
True.
But so is yours, & yours too, & hate-to-break-it-to-ya but yours too.
But how we are so beautifully connected to one another is such a powerful & redeeming factor of this life. How just a smile, or a text, or just showing up at a certain time for a certain moment of someone's life can literally put worth into another's life, is powerful.
& to realize the beauty & power in that and really show people their worth to our own lives is so important.
So thank you to those who recently have loved me so well & so intentionally & really showed me the value that I sometimes forget I have. Thank you for reminding me of beauty, & of love, & of deep joy.
& To those reading this just by chance, let this encourage you to seek those in your life who impact you, & who you care about & not let that be unknown, but allow it to enrich your relationships & be known & returned.


Danielle Nicole.

2 comments:

  1. I love you.
    I am so proud of you.
    You are beautiful and bless me every day.

    I pray that you continue to walk in obedience to the Lord's calling in your life. He certainly has a funny way with you, but I can see and understand the inifite and pure joy the He finds in you, His precious daughter and my sister.

    Thank you Dani girl.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rinne,
    Your words are too sweet. Thank you, & yes, haha He sure does have a funny way with me. :) You're so precious to me. i love you

    ReplyDelete