Friday, November 9, 2012

Another November.


You were the first person close to me that wasn't over the age of 80 in my life to go.
You were the first person I had to see beat their parents to the kingdom.
You were the first person who brought many people of my past in a room of dark skirts and damp eyes.
You were the first person to move away to a new city when we were children.
You were the first person to teach me how to craft for every holiday.
You were the first person who told me I should love books.
You were my first friend.
You were beautiful.

Julie,
I am learning this year that it doesn't matter how many more years go by, November 9th I am always going to wake up feeling a little heavier in my chest. I am always going to listen to Maroon 5 and the Fray. I am always going to scrunch my nose a little extra. I am always going to craft in your honor. I am always going to sneak away for a moment to feel sad, and I am always going to remember this day. Dance with the King for me today, & I'll dance here; in my living room, with my holiday socks and project out, in your honor. You're beautiful and you're still so loved. I miss you.



Danielle Nicole.



No comments:

Post a Comment