Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sine qua non.

Sine qua non
"without which (there is) nothing."
It refers to an indispensable and essential action, condition, or ingredient.

The meaning in life.
The essence of my life.
What gives essence to my life?

People.
Hands down, it is the people in my life that bring on the essence, full force.
My life would be an essence-less lump without those who surround me, sharpening, testing, growing, adventuring, beaching, romping, loving, and sparkling with me.
A personality does not come from reading about personalities, or dreaming about them. A personality is grown and formed from living, loving, laughing, crying, trying, hurting, and learning. It is from experiences with people that you grow into your highest potential, or your most flattering shoes ;) I think about myself and how I have been loved, hurt, appreciated, touched, approached, reprimanded, used, cared for, and it is through each of my experiences that I have been pushed or pulled towards who I am right now. Because of my parents I am strong and determined. I strive for greatness because that is what they have expected of me, not average, not anything below great & while this has overwhelmed me time & time again, I cannot go another day without thanking my parents for instilling a determination and a will to move beyond where I stand at any current moment.

Because of my friends, oh glory, from near and far, oh how I am blessed. Each day I find myself supported by those whom I have gotten to know and grown so close to over the years. From those right next to me but also even those from far away, back home, or even half way across the country, I find some of my greatest support. It is these people who have truly taught me friendship and unconditional love. They have taught me about who I am, and supported who I was even more than I support myself at times. It is those people who remind me when to stand up for myself, and when to be strong, but also when to be weak and when to grieve, that have held me up and put my heart back in place when it needs to be. It is because of the people in my life that the fire inside my heart thrives. I am energized, exercised, encouraged, and inspired. Each day I wake up and start each day thinking about the people that I am going to meet, see, eat, play, and interact with. & each night seems to end with a typical episode of Gilmore Girls, on my couch, with Disney firework booms in the background, next to my ultimate roomie. It is the people in my life that give my life its sine qua non. Amen.


Danielle Nicole.

1 comment: