Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Honest Refreshment.

A year and half ago exactly I met a student who really sparked my attention.
He sparked my attention because upon first meeting me, he dove into my life.
In the first hours, life stories were shared, accompanied by some real deep truths & pains from my own story at that current season of my life.
From that day on, knowing him has been a true gift.
Although he is not someone I see regularly, or even often at all, I never fail to feel refreshed after a conversation with him.
& Today was no exception.
& when I think of why I feel that way, it simply comes down to two things I strive for daily & hold to the highest regard in my life:
Honesty & Love.
His friendship & presence refreshes me because he
brings exactly that to the table.
Genuine honest,
heres-me-and-my-life-even-the-ugly-parts-out-on-the-table
kind of conversation.
The harmony that presents itself in the way we both embrace honesty
& acceptance of eachother through all faults is a beautiful thing
& really reminds me why I believe in the power of relationship over all else.
Because when it comes down to it,
isn't it all about love & figuring out the rest, as it pours from that place, together?
Instead of hiding, & judging, or criticizing, or mocking, or hindering,
why not just love & embrace.
We're all in this together right?

Thanks C.


Danielle Nicole.

1 comment:

  1. Dani, reading your blog always makes me feel better. Muss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete