Thursday, April 18, 2013

Attraction to Detail.




I am attracted to detail.

There is something inside me that is so completely fulfilled by someone's unique & intricate attention to details. That same part of me also draws me in to things that require a deep attention to detail, such as planning an event. This photo might describe me better than most words can. It was taken from a Tea Party I planned for a very dear friend of mine's birthday last year. The very act of gluing lace, punching paper hearts, or of finding delicate vintage beads & pearls to drape across each table adds details so small, yet so very important to me. A hint of burlap, a cube of sugar, the broken handle of my Goodwill treasured tea pot, all of these things are the kinds of things I notice in my daily life. The way things layer, the way things feel, and the way that layers and feelings can add to an event or to a moment of someone's life.

In this desire of my heart, I am attracted to hand written cards, photographs, flowers, language through eyes, textures, and sparkle. And, yet, while details really add a certain something that soothes my senses, the most important details in any event revolve around the people attending. Will they be comfortable? Will they feel at home? Will they feel loved?

These are three particular details I find most important in every moment of my life. I want those I love, and those I surround myself with to feel comfortable, at home, and loved, especially in the moments I am with them. It is in those three details that I feel relationships, at least those I am involved in, are able not only to survive, but to thrive, and to grow, and to mature. I want to grow in my relationships to a higher, deeper, more intimate potential everyday, and I think a good starting place is feeling comfortable, at home, and loved in relationship with those that will allow and push me to grow.





Danielle Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment