Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 9.

November 9th is a hard day.
It has been hard since 2007.
I can remember that night better than any other.
Isn't it funny that the times we wish we could forget or shake off are the ones we most likely never will?

But today, November 9, 2010, was good.
& not only good, but one of the best days i've had in a while lately.
Today I got hired at Miss Kelly's Coffee shop at UCI medical center, an answer to months of prayer.
I also got to spend time with a woman who is very dear to me & encourages me in my sanity & beyond it. Then I worked a balloon shift, which, yes i hate, but I have prayed for money & that shift is just that. So today was a blessing & it reminded me of that fact, that life is a blessing, & what better of a day to be reminded of that.

Julie, You were beautiful, funny, and soooo smart. I know you're up there & each year on this day you most likely shake your head at the moments you catch alot of us sneak away from our routines, out to our cars, or bedrooms, or even a nearby closet & lose our composure momentarily because it still doesn't feel quite normal, or fair, or easy when the date catches us offguard or a sudden memory racks our brains. I'm sure you're up there loving the new Maroon 5 cd, & laughing, & being beautiful, hoping that we'll embrace the blessing life is & how much richer the people around us make it, just like you made our lives richer.

To 4 year old library dates, middle school craft parties, and tons and tons of scrunch-nosed laughter from your beautiful face.

Love you Jules.


Danielle Nicole.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about those craft parties a few days ago, hoping that I have a daughter someday so we can throw craft parties, too. Julie always shared her grandma and her mom with me. That was such a blessing. It seems like so much longer than three years.

    Thanks for your late night texts. It's good to remember, although I really want to forget. Someday I hope to be as good of friend as you are :)

    ReplyDelete