Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If I may.

Quote Tangled: "BEST DAY, EVERRRRRR!"
Now if you haven't seen tangled, well, neither have I, but go watch the trailor, & then let's go see it together. But once you've seen the trailor & understand the tone & weight of this quote, then proceed to my rendition to describe today:

Tangled Quote subtract BEST, *Substitute:Worst.... = "WORST DAY, EVERRRRR!!"

Ohkay now that I have described my feelings on today, let me then proceed to explain. First & completely foremost, I hate money. I hate the way it clings to me, in control of my every move & breath. & Just when I get a grip of it & decide i'm not stressed out over finances anymore, something monstrous always happens, let's be honest, this is life. It's like life can't hit you hard in one area at a time, but when life hits, it falls apart in every aspect. As if just having no car right now wasn't hard enough, or having 3 jobs & no car, but no the fix to the car has to be the "worst case scenario" as the Tow Man told me in options yesterday, & again my mechanic then reiterated to me in the form of a very close to 4 digit bill. Not the kind of thing you want to hear, ever, but especially while working 3 jobs and wondering how you're going to get home for the holidays, not to mention i'm avoiding the christmas gift issue entirely in my head. (promise i'll be a better gifter next year loved ones!)

However, as overwhelming this day was all before noon, I was overwhelmed with another, completely contrasting, emotion as I stepped into my apartment after work: Blessed. Funny how that happens on a day like today.  You see, because today I walked into my apartment to find a pretty good sized package sitting on the floor with my name on it. I opened it & completely full to the top it was, with tons of white chocolate reeces! One of my faves! I literally just stood there with tears streaming down my face, overwhelmed with the contrast of such a horrible morning & yet having such wonderful and thoughtful friends. I know you're totally thinking about how ridiculous I am to cry over white chocolate reeces, but hey we're all allowed to be a little wacky sometimes & today's my day.  So here I am today, stressed but humbled, & so thankful for such good friends and family, now on to the 2/3 left of this day.


Danielle Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment