Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Red Lips.

Red lipstick has a very unique, powerful affect on women, & men, when they encounter a red-lipped woman, some might argue as well.

One Friday, my coworker & I deemed, Red Lipstick Friday. A Rendition, if you will, of Casual Friday, only opposite in a sense being that everyday at Miss Kelly's Cafe can be casual wear day.

I can only say I have worn red lipstick one other day of my life besides this Friday. (Other than the days of playing with mom's makeup or my Barbie makeover set or something as a kid, obbbviiiii) So this day was a day of new experience, learning, & soaking in the power of the red lipstick (dun, dun, dunn)

The 3 things I noticed most by the end of the day & through the night of having this style upon my lips were, a new sense of beauty, confidence, & power. 

--Beauty: The beauty of red lipstick is an eclectic unique true-to-it's-own beauty. An almost old fashion, or maybe vintage-esk fashion to it; pure, slightly rebelled, yet classy.

--Confidence: A girl who can put on red lipstick & own the look exudes confidence, even if she isn't typically confident in her appearance. The red speaks a bold, yet mysterious voice that says come closer, but watch out ;) 

--Power: its a bold, fierce look that breathes power & fierce style. It can empower a woman on what may seem like the most normal of days.

So to those of you women who have never worn red lipstick, try it out. I definitely encourage you to experience the unique beauty, confidence, & empowerment all from a tiny stick of color :)


Danielle Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment